Where is SYS$GETUAI?
2017-02-16 03:47:29 UTC
I am am playing with LIB$FIND_IMAGE_SYMBOL.

LIB$whatever is in LIBRTL.

I found many SYS$whatever in SYS$PUBLIC_VECTORS.

But SYS$GETUAI is not there.

What shareable image can I pick?

Arne
hb
2017-02-16 08:46:04 UTC
I am am playing with LIB$FIND_IMAGE_SYMBOL.
LIB$whatever is in LIBRTL.
I found many SYS$whatever in SYS$PUBLIC_VECTORS.
But SYS$GETUAI is not there.
What shareable image can I pick?
Arne
Easy, even I can answer that :-)

$ cre x.c
f() {return sys$getuai();}
^Z
$ cc x
$ pipe link/map=sys$output/full/cross x |search sys$pipe sys$getuai
SYS$GETUAI 000000C0-RX SECURESHRP X
000000C0 RX-SYS$GETUAI
$

or use the xpd tool, if you have it:

$ xpd x.exe
eXternal Procedure and Data list (Alpha), version 1.8
SECURESHRP:
offset 0xc0 maps to SYS$GETUAI, type is procedure
$
Arne Vajhøj
2017-02-16 15:27:05 UTC
Post by hb
Post by Arne Vajhøj
I am am playing with LIB$FIND_IMAGE_SYMBOL.
LIB$whatever is in LIBRTL.
I found many SYS$whatever in SYS$PUBLIC_VECTORS.
But SYS$GETUAI is not there.
What shareable image can I pick?
Easy, even I can answer that :-)
$ cre x.c
f() {return sys$getuai();}
^Z
$ cc x
$ pipe link/map=sys$output/full/cross x |search sys$pipe sys$getuai
SYS$GETUAI 000000C0-RX SECURESHRP X
000000C0 RX-SYS$GETUAI
$
It worked perfectly.