Blockchain technology - VMS
2017-04-06 17:39:39 UTC
Raw Message
I realise Blockchain technology is being looked at for VMS from a research perspective only at this stage

It seems there is still a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding around the Blockchain, so I thought I'd start a thread where people can post information about it and in time, add aspects about Blockchain technology and how VMS might use it / compliment it

Feel free to post good reference material outlining the technology behind it and/or good video sources etc.

I got a reminder email about an up and coming webinar facilitated by ACM specific to the Blockchain - thought this might be a good introduction for people interested in Blockchain technology and who want to know a bit more about it

Google ACM, webinar and find the link to the Blockchain OR try the below long link

You will need to be quick if you want to participate live, as it's starting in about 23 hours

Title: The Next Radical Internet Transformation: How Block chain Technology is Transforming Business, Governments, Computing, and Security Models

Date: Friday, April 07, 2017

Time: 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Duration: 1 hour

Abstract / What Attendees Will Learn

- Why is the combination of peer-to-peer networking and cryptography so powerful?
- Is Bitcoin different from blockchain technology?
- What are smart contracts?
- A model to discuss security of blockchain usage
- What are the plans of companies from the financial sector to Disney with distributed ledgers and blockchain technology?
- How do governments think and engage with blockchain technology and crypto currencies?
- Why China has such a special role and interest in the block chain technology

p.s. I realise the presenter is not entirely non-biased in that he has a vested interest in pushing the blochchain but even so, I thought the above might make a good initial introduction as it looks to be around both current and future offerings and covers Etherium.
Ruslan R. Laishev
2017-04-11 09:08:34 UTC
Raw Message
четверг, 6 апреля 2017 г., 20:39:42 UTC+3 пользователь IanD написал:

Hi !
Take a look to the github repositaries, u will find a lot of open sources.

PS: I have deep & hardcore expiri