Blockchain technology - VMS
IanD
2017-04-06 17:39:39 UTC
I realise Blockchain technology is being looked at for VMS from a research perspective only at this stage

It seems there is still a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding around the Blockchain, so I thought I'd start a thread where people can post information about it and in time, add aspects about Blockchain technology and how VMS might use it / compliment it

Feel free to post good reference material outlining the technology behind it and/or good video sources etc.

I got a reminder email about an up and coming webinar facilitated by ACM specific to the Blockchain - thought this might be a good introduction for people interested in Blockchain technology and who want to know a bit more about it

Google ACM, webinar and find the link to the Blockchain OR try the below long link

https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=reg20.jsp&partnerref=lcwebpage&eventid=1362212&sessionid=1&key=98AEA8E0DCC6E79EB5FE3BC485B335A5&regTag=&sourcepage=register

You will need to be quick if you want to participate live, as it's starting in about 23 hours

Overview
Title: The Next Radical Internet Transformation: How Block chain Technology is Transforming Business, Governments, Computing, and Security Models

Date: Friday, April 07, 2017

Time: 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Duration: 1 hour

Abstract / What Attendees Will Learn

- Why is the combination of peer-to-peer networking and cryptography so powerful?
- Is Bitcoin different from blockchain technology?
- What are smart contracts?
- A model to discuss security of blockchain usage
- What are the plans of companies from the financial sector to Disney with distributed ledgers and blockchain technology?
- How do governments think and engage with blockchain technology and crypto currencies?
- Why China has such a special role and interest in the block chain technology

p.s. I realise the presenter is not entirely non-biased in that he has a vested interest in pushing the blochchain but even so, I thought the above might make a good initial introduction as it looks to be around both current and future offerings and covers Etherium.
Ruslan R. Laishev
2017-04-11 09:08:34 UTC
четверг, 6 апреля 2017 г., 20:39:42 UTC+3 пользователь IanD написал:

Hi !
Take a look to the github repositaries, u will find a lot of open sources.

PS: I have deep & hardcore expiri