2017-04-07 18:34:38 UTC
Came across the following US opportunities that may be of interest .
disclaimer - no idea of rates or even if still available. All these
came from Jobrapido job site: again - no idea if reliable.
http://bit.ly/2ohrlS1 - main site for OpenVMS opportunities
---- #1 ----
IT Technical Specialist, Sr - OpenVMS System Administrator
Centene, Rancho Cordova, CA
- Provides expertise to troubleshoot more complicated technical
requests by production support staff, including those pertaining to
network servers, network concentrators, network workstations, wiring,
operating systems and network applications, OpenVMS, UNIX, RDB, and
- In conjunction with the CTO office, reviews and approves technical
architecture for new application, infrastructure, network and
communications technology strategies and plans related to
configuration, upgrades, performance and capacity.
---- #2 ---
Oracle RDB OpenVMS Database Admin (12+ years exp, IN-PERSON only) -
East Elmhurst, NY. Company - 3A Soft Inc
- Languages and tools: C++, C, Visual Basic, ACMS, Oracle, Oracle RDB,
SOL, Basic, Fortran, DECforms, Visual Studio
- Operating Systems: MS Windows, Open VMS
- C programming and knowledge of Oracle RDB
- Application Control Management system (ACMS)
- In-depth, hands-on, related experience as an RDB DBA
- Hands-on experience on OpenVMS / Alpha platforms
" Kforce has a client seeking a Systems Engineer in East Elmhurst, New
York (NY). In the capacity of OpenVMS Systems Manager-Systems
Engineer, the selected contractor will provide proper and sufficient
skills to ensure expert and timely systems management and systems
engineering support services for the Department of Correction's
OpenVMS platforms. "
---- #4 ---
Programmer Analyst - VAX / COBOL
Location: Media/Lima, PA
Terms: 6 months (Contract-to-Hire)
Company - TrustMinds, Inc.
- Must have 5+ years of application programming experience and strong
skills in VAX COBOL, and DCL.
- Must be able to work on VAX/COBOL to design, develop, implement,
test, and maintain applications.
- Must have OpenVMS experience with COBOL.
- Thorough understanding of relational database structure and design,
and an understanding of VAX RDB DBMS is required.
- FORTRAN and TDMS knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Kerry dot main at starkgaming dot com