Java 1.8
Doc Trins O'Grace
2017-05-01 17:05:25 UTC
I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with Java 1.8?
Arne Vajhøj
2017-05-01 17:46:34 UTC
Post by Doc Trins O'Grace
I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with Java 1.8?
On VMS?

Arne
Volker Halle
2017-05-02 11:09:26 UTC
During the Connect Symposium in Hannover last week, there was a session about JAVA 8 on OpenVMS I64.

The representative from VSI, who was giving this session, reported that so far only one problem had been reported/escalated to VSI.

Volker.
KDK
2017-05-02 16:29:04 UTC
Post by Doc Trins O'Grace
I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with Java 1.8?
This is the only thing that I've run into. The same applies to Java 8, but they neglected to put this in the Java 8 release notes.

This information comes from the Release notes for Java 6.

Java v6.0-5 JVM was crashing with floating invalid fault FLTINV_F if invoked through a JNI interface and the native code was compiled using the floating point option G_FLOAT.
This problem has been fixed.
Note that this fix is not enabled by default, a logical JAVA$FORCE_IEEE_FPSR has to be defined to make use of it.
For example, to use this fix in current process define it process wide - $ define JAVA$FORCE_IEEE_FPSR “1”
Likewise, if you want to use the logical JAVA$FORCE_IEEE_FPSR system-wide define it system wide.
$ define/system JAVA$FORCE_IEEE_FPSR “1”
Restart JVM after setting or resetting this logical.
Arne Vajhøj
2017-05-02 17:49:09 UTC
Post by KDK
Post by Doc Trins O'Grace
[...]
Java code using S/T and native code using F/G sounds a bit
risky no matter what.

Arne

Bob Koehler
2017-05-02 17:38:10 UTC
Post by Doc Trins O'Grace
I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with Java 1.8?
On? Or such as?

The only problem that I've had with it on my Mac is that I needed to
reassure the people I'm delivering to that they could go ahead and
update the Java on the server.

But myaybe you had some question or information relavent to c.o.v. ?