Digital Sales Update Volume 16, Number 7, September 24, 1984
Norman F Raphael
2017-04-24 16:42:26 UTC
From: Kerry Main <***@backtothefutureit.com>
To: Norman F Raphael <***@verizon.net>
Sent: Sun, Apr 23, 2017 11:39 pm

I do plan to eventually post it on a web site, but it is not yet live.

In the meantime, here is a link to a OneDrive pointer

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AkVzNcmu3AjghBsl9EutuUc0BNJU

Feel free to share on c.o.v. or anywhere else.

Kerry

Thanks.

Norman F. Raphael
Please reply to: ***@ieee.org
"Everything worthwhile eventually
degenerates into real work." -Murphy
j***@yahoo.co.uk
2017-04-24 19:08:17 UTC
Sent: Sun, Apr 23, 2017 11:39 pm
I do plan to eventually post it on a web site, but it is not yet live.

In the meantime, here is a link to a OneDrive pointer

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AkVzNcmu3AjghBsl9EutuUc0BNJU

Feel free to share on c.o.v. or anywhere else.

Kerry
Thanks.
Norman F. Raphael
"Everything worthwhile eventually
degenerates into real work." -Murphy
Thanks for that, surprisingly timely.

And this decade's vision of BASEway plus nice GUIs
plus some device-integration stuff ("IoT"?) and various
shiny bits (AI?) and what have you is now being marketed
as one of the components of Industrie 4.0:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry_4.0

The hardware (processing, storage, and connectivity at
reasonable prices) isn't the challenge it was back in
the 1980s (or even the 1990s).

If only there was a reliable stable cost-effective OS
and toolset capable of being at the core of this stuff,
in the places where neither an embedded OS nor offsite
cloud could cover enough, er, bases, and where the
big-name big-dollar Enterprise Apps people are, well,
let's not go there just now, eh.
Kerry Main
2017-04-24 23:54:12 UTC
Norman F Raphael via Info-vax
I do plan to eventually post it on a web site, but it is not yet live.
In the meantime, here is a link to a OneDrive pointer
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AkVzNcmu3AjghBsl9EutuUc0BNJU
Feel free to share on c.o.v. or anywhere else.
Kerry
Thanks.
Norman F. Raphael
"Everything worthwhile eventually
degenerates into real work." -Murphy
Btw, if anyone else has any older DEC magazines and/or brochures and/or Sales Updates, feel free to contact me offline and I will do a similar scan to PDF (searchable btw as well).

I am looking to build a bit of a smallish library of these older doc's.... my next project is a pile of VAXCluster Quorum and DEC Professional magazines for those that remember those golden oldies.

😊