VirtualBox 6.1.28 Available
Bob Gezelter
2021-10-23 19:08:15 UTC
Those of us who are using VirtualBox as a platform for OpenVMS 9.1 should note that a new release of VirtualBox is available for download. For those who also have a virtualized Linux system, the new release of VirtualBox also has a new add-on kit also.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Ian Miller
2021-10-25 12:30:08 UTC
Post by Bob Gezelter
Those of us who are using VirtualBox as a platform for OpenVMS 9.1 should note that a new release of VirtualBox is available for download. For those who also have a virtualized Linux system, the new release of VirtualBox also has a new add-on kit also.
- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Note also no cluster common system disk support in VirtualBox

https://forum.vmssoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=232
Bob Gezelter
2021-10-26 15:27:17 UTC
Post by Ian Miller
Post by Bob Gezelter
Those of us who are using VirtualBox as a platform for OpenVMS 9.1 should note that a new release of VirtualBox is available for download. For those who also have a virtualized Linux system, the new release of VirtualBox also has a new add-on kit also.
- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Note also no cluster common system disk support in VirtualBox
https://forum.vmssoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=232
Ian,

I have not had the time to verify, but I strongly suspect that the qualifier "system" is not needed. Otherwise, one could simply evade the restriction by creating a read-only system disk with all writable files elsewhere, a bit more extensive than is done with SYSUAF and others files.

One should remember the use of differencing disks, which VirtualBox does support. They can be used in creative ways, as I mentioned in one my blog articles a while back. The problem is that it does not solve the problem of shared disks.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com