Keyboards
Add Reply
seasoned_geek
2021-06-06 11:32:01 UTC
All,

Granted our good friend David can find almost anything and provides stellar service and I certainly wouldn't want to take food from his pantry, but I stumbled onto this place.

http://www.freestuffandmoney.com/forsale/keyboards.html

I don't know how operational it really is since the driver page was not found and an email I tried to send bounced, but some of you have been lamenting not having replacements for old DEC keyboards. I was pleasantly surprised to find a small inventory of them at this site while I was looking for a Compaq KB-9963 driver for Windows 10.

No, I don't have a great love for the keyboard. I just have a few of them sitting on the shelf that were in "like new" condition and thought it was time to get a few million lines of code out of them.
Andy Burns
2021-06-06 13:54:23 UTC
Post by seasoned_geek
http://www.freestuffandmoney.com/forsale/keyboards.html
some of you have been lamenting not having replacements for old DEC keyboards.
I've got a handful of LK-250 keyboards, with AT or PS/2 connectors, no
idea how good a job is possible of mapping puTTY to use all keys
properly? I think the drivers I have/had were from Win NT3.51 era.
Simon Clubley
2021-06-07 12:07:01 UTC
Post by Andy Burns
Post by seasoned_geek
http://www.freestuffandmoney.com/forsale/keyboards.html
some of you have been lamenting not having replacements for old DEC keyboards.
I've got a handful of LK-250 keyboards, with AT or PS/2 connectors, no
idea how good a job is possible of mapping puTTY to use all keys
properly? I think the drivers I have/had were from Win NT3.51 era.
Do the keyboard mapping options in the Keyboard section of the PuTTY
setup help at all ?

Start with the Function keys and keypad section.

2021-06-07 17:42:06 UTC
Post by Andy Burns
Post by seasoned_geek
http://www.freestuffandmoney.com/forsale/keyboards.html
some of you have been lamenting not having replacements for old DEC keyboards.
I've got a handful of LK-250 keyboards, with AT or PS/2 connectors, no
idea how good a job is possible of mapping puTTY to use all keys
properly? I think the drivers I have/had were from Win NT3.51 era.
Do the keyboard mapping options in the Keyboard section of the PuTTY
setup help at all ?
Start with the Function keys and keypad section.
Simon.
Let's not forget MSKermit. Last I tried it still worked with
Win7. It always did great VT emulation and keyboard is completely
re-mappable.