Odd request for very old software
2021-10-11 16:59:06 UTC
Anyone have a copy of the old VWS kit around? This would be for VAX/VMS V4.x. I have a client that is still running this and has run into a problem that may require a reinstall. We are working on recovering some backup tapes, but so far nothing has everything needed. I found a problem with their backup procedure that was not working as they expected, so no recent backups are available. This problem has been corrected now, but that is not helping the situation. I personally only have things back to V5, so I can't help directly. I am hoping another pack-rat may have even older software around.

Thanks,
2021-10-11 19:29:22 UTC
Anyone have a copy of the old VWS kit around? This would be for VAX/VMS V4.x. I have a client that is still running this and has run into a problem that may require a reinstall. We are working on recovering some backup tapes, but so far nothing has everything needed. I found a problem with their backup procedure that was not working as they expected, so no recent backups are available. This problem has been corrected now, but that is not helping the situation. I personally only have things back to V5, so I can't help directly. I am hoping another pack-rat may have even older software around.
Thanks,
Dan
As it turns out, the VWS045 kit was resident on the V5 CDs that I had. It was not documented as being present, but was there.

Thanks for looking to those that looked, but I am OK now.