Post by Arne Vajhøj Post by Arne Vajhøj Post by Jan-Erik Söderholm Post by Arne Vajhøj Post by Jan-Erik Söderholm Post by Arne Vajhøj Post by Jan-Erik Söderholm Post by Stephen Hoffman
How to know what file an "-RMS-E-FNF, file not found" message is
Probe Description :- AMQ6125: An internal MQSeries error has occurred.
Arith1 :- 10 a
VMS Errorcode :- -RMS-E-FNF, file not found (00018292)
This application should not open any know file. It is the sharable
EXE for MQ that creates this error message.
If the session is an interactive one, SET WATCH/CLASS=MAJOR FILE
and watch for which file is referenced. This is a lot of data.
if the session is batch or network or detached, I'd expect to be
using security auditing to view file access. And that's a bigger
pile of data.
Fine! That gave a list that I will look at.
Now, how to switch that off? HELP SET WATCH does not return anything...
$ SET WATCH/CLASS=NOMAJOR FILE
And not surprising that an undocumented command is not in help.
The output did not give any clear answer to the error.
We have traditionally used MQ client API calls from Cobol.
Now trying to get an C example code running. I have just
noticed that we have got the same error earlier from our
Cobol apps also, so I will dig into that and see in the
sources from that time what could have been the cause and fix.
And then see if that can explain the issues with the C code.
The goal is to have PyMQI running. It is C code called from Python.
Python, as being a dynamically typed language, is probably easier
to use to recevie and decode XML messages...
What version of IBM MQ are you using?
If you are on 8.0+ then it supports AMQP and there
is an AMQP module for Python.
That may be the easier path unless you need features
not supported by their AMQP channel.
Right. I have to talk to the central WebSphere people also about AMQP.
Our VMS MQ client kit is on V2.1, and has been so for decades. This works
just fine from our Cobol apps, and do not see what the C code in PyMQI
I did some test with a later MQ client kit many years ago, probably V5
och V6, but never got it to work with our Cobol MQ "middleware" that
someone before me wrote long ago. Without that we have to rewrite the
main applications also.
I have already removed some of the functions in the PyMQI.C file that
is not supported by the V2.1 MQ client. There is a management interface
that came in the MQ 5.x timeframe and there is an extendended MQCONNX
API that is new. I only need the basic MQCONN, MQOPEN, MQGET and MQPUT
The MQCONN ("connect" to the central MQ sever) seems to work, but the
MQOPEN (open the MQ queue) generates the DUMP file with the FNF message.
There was no FNF message in the WATCH file, btw.
But yes, I will ask about the support for AMQP also!
Note that there are many different AMQP clients for Python.
You need something that works with Python 2.7 since you
are on Alpha.
And you want something pure Python to avoid any
problem with C code not supporting VMS.
I have not tried it myself, but Pika or one of the libraries
build on top of Pika sounds "interesting".
Pika may actually be pre-installeed in VMS Python.
Yes, it is, and a few other pre-installed AMQP tools.
I found an error when I build of the PyMQI EXE. I had by
mistake linked to the wrong sharable image.
$ d sys$share:mq*.exe
MQIC.EXE;2 339/392 10-MAR-2000 14:06:27.42
MQICB.EXE;2 334/392 10-MAR-2000 14:13:43.28
MQMCS.EXE;2 1568/1617 10-MAR-2000 14:05:14.88
Total of 3 files, 2241/2401 blocks.
From an IBM MQ manual from 1999:
In MQSeries for Digital OpenVMS, you must link your program to the
MQI library files supplied for the environment in which you are
running your application, in addition to those provided by the
mqm.exe Server for C
mqic.exe Client for C <<== right for C.
mqmzf.exe Installable service exits for C
mqmxa.exe XA interface for C
mqcbrt.exe MQSeries COBOL run-time
mqmcb.exe Server for COBOL
mqicb.exe Client for COBOL <<== we use this for our Cobol apps...
So by linking against MQIC instead of MKICB, it all came alive. :-)
PyMQI is written for later MQ versions, so some record definitions
had to be adjusted in the __init__.py file for PyMQI to match the
.H files that defines the MQIC.EXE API's.
We have two queues setup since befor that are just loppbacked
to each other in the WebSphere server, so I can now send a message
from one Python script and receive the data in another. Nice!
Currently trying to read an example XML structure. The decode tool
(ElemantTree) throws an error due to some UTF8 codes in the XML...
Each single XML message is approx 150 KB.
But the basic support for MQ in Python now works. And the reason to
switch from Cobol to Python in this case is that there are way better
XML decoding tools in Python.