VMS is 44 today
2021-10-25 12:16:09 UTC
VAX and VMS were announced 44 years ago on this day.

For those of you old enough to be working in the DEC world at the
time, did you think you would still be using VMS 44 years later ?

I wonder if VSI is planning anything for the 45th anniversary
next year ?

2021-10-25 12:30:01 UTC
VAX and VMS were announced 44 years ago on this day.
For those of you old enough to be working in the DEC world at the
time, did you think you would still be using VMS 44 years later ?
I wonder if VSI is planning anything for the 45th anniversary
next year ?
As I continue with my 42nd of VMS/OpenVMS work, I can honestly say that I did not expect this.
But, who ever thinks that they will be either doing or working with the same thing for this long?
I view my career as lucky in that I have always been able to maintain VMS work that has never truly been work.
I have always enjoyed my jobs and when they became work, moved on to something else.
The common denominator has always been VMS with the exception of a 3 year period in the early 2000s where
I built commercial playgrounds fulltime and did consulting (within OpenVMS world) part time.

Good times...

2021-10-26 17:49:56 UTC
Post by abrsvc
Post by Simon Clubley
[...]
Indeed. Just writing that number "44" down brought home just
how long this is.