VMS Editors, was: Re: SET DEFAULT iterative logical name translation
2021-10-26 17:38:13 UTC
When was EDT updated to allow more than 22 lines? IDK, but it's made me happy!
?EDT? and ?happy? were never words I considered using in the same sentence ...
I understand. Use the right tool for the job, I say. For me that is usually EDT.
One thing I really like about EDT is the key definitions. You can see them and change them without needing to recompile and make a new huge TPU section file (IIRC the TPU drill). Say you take a long vacation. You come back and can't remember some of your key definitions. What are you going to do? In EDT you can look them up very quickly. I don't recall such a feature for EVE. But that was many years ago.
You define them in your EVE initialisation file. Some examples:

define key= gold/d wps gold-|
define key= gold/r wps gold-r
define key=gold-left shift left 16
define key=gold-right shift right 16

Stephen Davies
2021-10-27 11:57:13 UTC
One thing I really like about EDT is the key definitions. You can see them and
change them without needing to recompile and make a new huge TPU section file
[snip]
[snip
Also, the EVE command "help keys" lists all the key definitions.
It maps to GOLD-PF2 with the EDT keypad.
Though I do wish the 'key name' column was wider than 11 chars
as I have a few keys mapped to Ctrl-Shift-xxx