VMS acronim
Edgar Ulloa
2021-10-16 06:19:57 UTC
With great enthusiasm in my job search, I see that there are many vacancies in VMS, however these acronyms are not the ones that digitally registered originally, today vms is (Vendor Machinne System) Vestcom Media Solutions VMS or virtual machines, a bit difficult but my favorite operating system is not known much anymore. Cheers
Craig A. Berry
2021-10-16 13:54:53 UTC
Time to upgrade your skills in Voluntary Milking Systems.
Bill Gunshannon
2021-10-16 14:07:43 UTC
Post by Edgar Ulloa
With great enthusiasm in my job search, I see that there are many
vacancies in VMS, however these acronyms are not the ones that
digitally registered originally, today vms is (Vendor Machinne
System) Vestcom Media Solutions VMS or virtual machines, a bit
difficult but my favorite operating system is not known much anymore.
Time to upgrade your skills in Voluntary Milking Systems.
PennDOT has been running their Virtual Messaging System for
at least 3 decades now.

bill
Michael Moroney
2021-10-19 15:20:25 UTC
Post by Edgar Ulloa
With great enthusiasm in my job search, I see that there are many vacancies in VMS, however these acronyms are not the ones that digitally registered originally, today vms is (Vendor Machinne System) Vestcom Media Solutions VMS or virtual machines, a bit difficult but my favorite operating system is not known much anymore. Cheers
Many highway departments are looking for people who know how to set up
and use their Variable Message System trailers and permanent signs to
inform/warn drivers of events ahead. Or dairy farmers looking for people
to teach their cows to use the Voluntary Milking System.

Computer related, knowledge of VMs (virtual machines) is a valuable
skill to have, eventually including using VMS 9.x on x86 virtual machines.

It appears the best way to find jobs using the VMS operating system is
to search for 'OpenVMS'. As much as I dislike that term. I wonder if
such jobs ever go begging because nobody can find them and the employer
just uses 'VMS' everywhere.

That have a nice logotype, at least...
Simon Clubley
2021-10-20 12:08:02 UTC
From my home town: https://www.vagmaskinservice.se/
That have a nice logotype, at least...
The Virgin Galactic carrier plane is called "VMS Eve":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMS_Eve

I assume the previous one was called "VMS Edt". :-)

Bob Eager
2021-10-20 14:54:04 UTC
Virgin Mother Ship?
2021-10-20 17:10:06 UTC
Post by Bob Eager
Virgin Mother Ship?
Yes. Apparently spelt as "Virgin MotherShip".

Bob Eager
2021-10-20 21:11:07 UTC
Post by Bob Eager
Virgin Mother Ship?
Yes. Apparently spelt as "Virgin MotherShip".
I was joking, but I did consider spelling it like that!
Oswald Knoppers
2021-10-21 13:16:24 UTC
Post by Bob Eager
Post by Simon Clubley
Post by Bob Eager
Virgin Mother Ship?
Yes. Apparently spelt as "Virgin MotherShip".
I was joking, but I did consider spelling it like that!
Well if it is a mother and a virgin they should have called it Maria.