OpenVMS Integrity V8.4-2L3
Hans Bachner
2020-11-24 15:23:24 UTC
According to the latest roadmap this release is planned for Q4/20.

As we now are in the second half of this quarter - does anyone (from the
VSI folks participating here?) have information whether we are close to
the official release of this version? Or is it more likely that it will
ship (early) next year e.g. because some additional required work on the
kit has been identified?

I don't want to put pressure on anyone, I just have a customer asking
whether they should purchase an i6 system with a P441 SmartArray
controller and schedule tests during December or better wait until next
year.

I know that the x86 port has top priority so I'm really only asking for
info to allow for better planning.

Thanks for your help,
Hans.
John H. Reinhardt
2020-11-24 17:42:21 UTC
Post by Hans Bachner
According to the latest roadmap this release is planned for Q4/20.
As we now are in the second half of this quarter - does anyone (from the VSI folks participating here?) have information whether we are close to the official release of this version? Or is it more likely that it will ship (early) next year e.g. because some additional required work on the kit has been identified?
I don't want to put pressure on anyone, I just have a customer asking whether they should purchase an i6 system with a P441 SmartArray controller and schedule tests during December or better wait until next year.
I know that the x86 port has top priority so I'm really only asking for info to allow for better planning.
Thanks for your help,
Hans.
You may want to write VSI directly. It's iffy that the correct person might see it here and respond.

<https://vmssoftware.com/contact/>

***@vmssoftware.com
***@vmssoftware.com
--