DL380 HBAs
Mark Berryman
2021-09-01 17:17:44 UTC
Does anyone have a list of the fibre channel HBAs that VMS will support
in a DL380? My SAN switches only support 8G so I don't need any of the
newer higher bandwidth ones but it would be nice to have a list somewhere.

Mark Berryman
Robert A. Brooks
2021-09-01 22:36:25 UTC
Does anyone have a list of the fibre channel HBAs that VMS will support in a
DL380?  My SAN switches only support 8G so I don't need any of the newer higher
bandwidth ones but it would be nice to have a list somewhere.
I've been told that a buying guide is in the works.

For fibre HBA's, it'll be a subset of Qlogic 16Gb/sec adapters, which
will work with 8Gb/sec and 4Gb/sec switches.
Mark Berryman
2021-09-01 23:21:38 UTC
Post by Robert A. Brooks
Post by Mark Berryman
Does anyone have a list of the fibre channel HBAs that VMS will
support in a DL380?  My SAN switches only support 8G so I don't need
any of the newer higher bandwidth ones but it would be nice to have a
list somewhere.
I've been told that a buying guide is in the works.
For fibre HBA's, it'll be a subset of Qlogic 16Gb/sec adapters, which
will work with 8Gb/sec and 4Gb/sec switches.
Hmm,

I have a Qlogic QLE2564 and can get a Qlogic QLE2672-CK. That first one
might only be 8Gb but are either of these likely to work?

Mark Berryman
Robert A. Brooks
2021-09-01 23:36:29 UTC
Post by Robert A. Brooks
Does anyone have a list of the fibre channel HBAs that VMS will support in a DL380?  My SAN switches only support 8G so I don't need any of the newer higher bandwidth ones but it would be nice to have a list somewhere.
I've been told that a buying guide is in the works.
For fibre HBA's, it'll be a subset of Qlogic 16Gb/sec adapters, which
will work with 8Gb/sec and 4Gb/sec switches.
Hmm,
I have a Qlogic QLE2564 and can get a Qlogic QLE2672-CK.  That first one might only be 8Gb but are either of these likely to work?
I'll ask around; I know that the 2660/2662 works.
2021-09-02 12:28:32 UTC
Post by Robert A. Brooks
Post by Robert A. Brooks
Does anyone have a list of the fibre channel HBAs that VMS will support in a DL380?  My SAN switches only support 8G so I don't need any of the newer higher bandwidth ones but it would be nice to have a list somewhere.
I've been told that a buying guide is in the works.
For fibre HBA's, it'll be a subset of Qlogic 16Gb/sec adapters, which
will work with 8Gb/sec and 4Gb/sec switches.
Hmm,
I have a Qlogic QLE2564 and can get a Qlogic QLE2672-CK.  That first one might only be 8Gb but are either of these likely to work?
I'll ask around; I know that the 2660/2662 works.
It's possible that my above statement about the 2660/2662 is wrong (that's the one that works on IA64; I
thought we'd gotten it to work on X86, but I'll verify that).

This one definitely works . . .

$ sho dev fga/fu

Device FGA0:, device type Qlogic ISP266X FC, is online, shareable, error logging
is enabled.

Error count 0 Operations completed 576
Owner process "" Owner UIC [SYSTEM]
Owner process ID 00000000 Dev Prot S:RWPL,O:RWPL,G,W
Reference count 0 Default buffer size 0
Current preferred CPU Id 3 Fastpath 1
Current Interrupt CPU Id 3
FC Port Name 5140-2EC0-110F-D268 FC Node Name 5140-2EC0-110F-D269
Firmware version 9.03.00 Adapter QLogic ISP2692 PCIe Fibre
Current speed (Gbits/sec) 8 Adapter max speed (Gbits/sec) 16

Its part number and description (from iLO) is HPE SN1100Q 16Gb 2P FC HBA