Semi-off-topic: Bloomberg article
2021-01-07 00:03:13 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-06/who-remembers-the-vax-minicomputer-icon-of-the-1980s
Simon Clubley
2021-01-07 13:25:51 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-06/who-remembers-the-vax-minicomputer-icon-of-the-1980s
I wasn't aware of Apple wanting to use Alpha in their future computers.

That was a _major_ screwup on the part of DEC if DEC really blocked that.
That could have changed everything for DEC.

1tim....@gmail.com
Just one of many bad decisions. Apple would have been interesting using AXp processors. It might have even prevented the death of Digital.
Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)
2021-01-07 20:42:17 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Just one of many bad decisions. Apple would have been interesting using AXp
processors. It might have even prevented the death of Digital.
A couple of years ago, Musk wanted to sell Tesla to Apple. Apple said
no.