TCPIP command tables
Add Reply
issinoho
2020-10-28 18:42:07 UTC
Does anyone know a way to reset, or re-import the DCL table commands for VSI TCPIP, e.g. Ping, FTP, SSH ?

After installing Multinet these get wiped out and replaced and I'd like to go back to them.

FreeAXP 4.0.0.646
VSI AXPVMS VMS V8.4-2L1
VSI AXPVMS TCPIP V5.7-13ECO5F

TIA.
Stephen Hoffman
2020-10-28 19:09:23 UTC
Post by issinoho
Does anyone know a way to reset, or re-import the DCL table commands
for VSI TCPIP, e.g. Ping, FTP, SSH ?
After installing Multinet these get wiped out and replaced and I'd like to go back to them.
Switch the startup procedure being invoked from Multinet to that of the
VSI TCP/IP Services TCPIP$STARTUP procedure, reboot, and try again?
issinoho

Anyone come across, @SYS$MANAGER:IP$FIX_VSI_TCPIP ? which seems to do this exact job.
Dave Froble
2020-10-28 23:39:04 UTC
Post by issinoho
Post by Stephen Hoffman
Post by issinoho
Does anyone know a way to reset, or re-import the DCL table commands
for VSI TCPIP, e.g. Ping, FTP, SSH ?
After installing Multinet these get wiped out and replaced and I'd like
to go back to them.
Switch the startup procedure being invoked from Multinet to that of the
VSI TCP/IP Services TCPIP$STARTUP procedure, reboot, and try again?
Unfortunately not.
Has any other changes been made to the DCL tables as originally
installed? If not, maybe try to get a fresh copy from the distribution
media.

Note, I've never tried this.
issinoho
2020-10-28 23:43:06 UTC
Post by issinoho
Post by Stephen Hoffman
Post by issinoho
Does anyone know a way to reset, or re-import the DCL table commands
for VSI TCPIP, e.g. Ping, FTP, SSH ?
After installing Multinet these get wiped out and replaced and I'd like
to go back to them.
Switch the startup procedure being invoked from Multinet to that of the
VSI TCP/IP Services TCPIP$STARTUP procedure, reboot, and try again?
Unfortunately not.
Has any other changes been made to the DCL tables as originally
installed? If not, maybe try to get a fresh copy from the distribution
media.
Note, I've never tried this.
Thanks, Dave. Fixed by grabbing the CLD files from the installation kit and manually installing each file...

$ prod ext file tcpip /sel=*.cld /source=dka100:[TCPIP_ALPHA_V0507-13ECO5F.kit]
$ set command /table=sys$common:[syslib]dcltables /output=sys$common:[syslib]dcltables ftp
$ install replace sys$common:[syslib]dcltables

Thanks to all.
Tym Stegner