IBM splitting off managed infrastructure business
2020-10-09 23:56:02 UTC
https://newsroom.ibm.com/Accelerating-our-future-and-growth-strategy

"...two things are becoming increasingly clear. First, we’re seeing a
tremendous increase in client demand for our capabilities and
expertise. Second, we’re noticing that client buying needs for
application and infrastructure services are diverging.
Because of this, we have decided that the managed infrastructure
services business of our GTS segment will become an independent
company, which we’re initially referring to as “NewCo.” We expect the
new company to be created sometime toward the end of 2021. IBM will
sharpen its focus on its open hybrid cloud platform and AI
capabilities. And the new company will focus on delivering managed
infrastructure services."
2020-10-10 09:13:59 UTC
https://newsroom.ibm.com/Accelerating-our-future-and-growth-strategy
"...two things are becoming increasingly clear. First, we’re seeing a
tremendous increase in client demand for our capabilities and
expertise. Second, we’re noticing that client buying needs for
application and infrastructure services are diverging.
Because of this, we have decided that the managed infrastructure
services business of our GTS segment will become an independent
company, which we’re initially referring to as “NewCo.” We expect the
new company to be created sometime toward the end of 2021. IBM will
sharpen its focus on its open hybrid cloud platform and AI
capabilities. And the new company will focus on delivering managed
infrastructure services."
Does that mean we will have to change the age old expression "Nobody got fired for buying IBM"?