Gotta share - a MicroVAX job
seasoned_geek
2020-10-01 15:14:31 UTC
https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=vax&fromage=last&sort=date&vjk=79b87980b9990781

Other than that link I know nothing about it. Seems to have something to do with the federal government. Description sounds a bit like a "clerk" position that also doubles as system manager.

Part of me wonders just how little they are paying for the San Diego market.
Jay E. Morris
2020-10-01 15:27:53 UTC
DoD security clearance. My best guess would be Naval Base San Diego.
Dennis Boone
2020-10-01 20:10:19 UTC
Post by Jay E. Morris
DoD security clearance. My best guess would be Naval Base San Diego.
COLSA says its hq is Huntsville, so space-related seems likely, in
addition to military. There's plenty of that around San Diego too.

De
Bill Gunshannon
2020-10-01 20:40:16 UTC
Post by Dennis Boone
Post by Jay E. Morris
DoD security clearance. My best guess would be Naval Base San Diego.
COLSA says its hq is Huntsville, so space-related seems likely, in
addition to military. There's plenty of that around San Diego too.
There used to be a number of Space related VMS systems in Huntsville
but none I knew of were on anything as small as a MicroVAX. :-)

Although COLSA has it's HQ in Huntsville there is likely no connection
between the San Diego job and the Army base in Alabama. They are just
another beltway bandit and probably have dozens of positions at numerous
military installations.

bill
Jay E. Morris
2020-10-02 14:55:42 UTC
  > DoD security clearance. My best guess would be Naval Base San Diego.
COLSA says its hq is Huntsville, so space-related seems likely, in
addition to military.  There's plenty of that around San Diego too.
There used to be a number of Space related VMS systems in Huntsville
but none I knew of were on anything as small as a MicroVAX.  :-)
Although COLSA has it's HQ in Huntsville there is likely no connection
between the San Diego job and the Army base in Alabama.  They are just
another beltway bandit and probably have dozens of positions at numerous
military installations.
bill
If I recall (not going back to look) they listed at least a dozen locations.