Apache on VMS OPCOM messages
2021-07-15 13:18:42 UTC
I've looked through the Apache docs but did not find any mention of
the SOFTWARE class OPCOM messages it emits nor how to disable them.

Does anybody know of a way to make Apache NOT emit these messages?

2021-07-15 13:26:53 UTC
De-install it and run OSU? :-D
V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
2021-07-15 17:15:54 UTC
Post by V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
I've looked through the Apache docs but did not find any mention of
the SOFTWARE class OPCOM messages it emits nor how to disable them.
Does anybody know of a way to make Apache NOT emit these messages?
De-install it and run OSU? :-D
LOL.

This is an issue at a large commercial site. It's not feasible to redo
all of their Apache configurations and run it all under OSU.

Steven Schweda
2021-07-15 20:06:16 UTC
Post by V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
Does anybody know of a way to make Apache NOT emit these messages?
I'll bite. "these messages"?

Are you running any particular version of this product?
V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
2021-07-16 12:06:40 UTC
Post by Steven Schweda
Post by V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
Does anybody know of a way to make Apache NOT emit these messages?
I'll bite. "these messages"?
Are you running any particular version of this product?
You need a new newsreader if you are only seeing "these messages"?

The full post said:

|I've looked through the Apache docs but did not find any mention of
|the SOFTWARE class OPCOM messages it emits nor how to disable them.
|
|Does anybody know of a way to make Apache NOT emit these messages?

I'm working with a customer on a problem on their system with another
product that also outputs SOFTWARE class OPCOM messages but they are
lost in a barrage of SOFTWARE class messages from Apache activity.

Steven Schweda
2021-07-16 14:00:14 UTC
Post by V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
You need a new newsreader if you are only seeing "these messages"?
The problem is that I am not seeing such messages, and, with my weak
psychic powers, have no idea what you're talking about.
Nothing resembling a useful problem description.
Post by V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
Are you running any particular version of this product?
Still a mystery.
When you speak to humans, try providing some useful information?
Jilly
2021-07-16 14:24:14 UTC
Post by V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
I've looked through the Apache docs but did not find any mention of
the SOFTWARE class OPCOM messages it emits nor how to disable them.
Does anybody know of a way to make Apache NOT emit these messages?
Possibly the logical APACHE$UAF_LOGINUPDATE_RATE , see CSWS documentation.