OpenVMS hobbyist license renewal.
Add Reply
Timothy Stark
2020-11-06 15:47:30 UTC
Folks,

A few days ago, I submitted renewal request to HPE because my license will
expire in Jan 2021. I expect final renewal with end of year 2021
expiration.

I entered valid information on
<https://www.hpe.com/h41268/live/index_e.aspx?qid=24548>
https://www.hpe.com/h41268/live/index_e.aspx?qid=24548

I did not receive paks from HPE yet. When will HPE start to email us new
PAK licenses?

Thanks,

Tim
John H. Reinhardt
2020-11-06 16:14:35 UTC
Post by Timothy Stark
Folks,
A few days ago, I submitted renewal request to HPE because my license will
expire in Jan 2021. I expect final renewal with end of year 2021
expiration.
I entered valid information on
<https://www.hpe.com/h41268/live/index_e.aspx?qid=24548>
https://www.hpe.com/h41268/live/index_e.aspx?qid=24548
I did not receive paks from HPE yet. When will HPE start to email us new
PAK licenses?
Thanks,
Tim
Unfortunately you have probably missed the boat. HPE stopped responding to license requests around last May when they sent out a notice for the final updates to Java. No one has gotten a response from the HPE web site nor any response from direct emails to the ***@hpe.com address.

That said, the final HPE licenses sent out were good until 1-Jan-2022 and were identical sent to everyone who responded in time. There was a later email exchange which Hari at the OpenVMS Engineering that gave an unofficial permission to share the final PAK set to those who might ask later on. I have sent copies to a few people. I f you email me off list I will send you a copy.

If you are running VAX, that is your only legal option. If you are running Alpha or Integrity then your best bet is to apply to the VSI Community License Program at <https://vmssoftware.com/services/community-license/> and get their V8.4-2L1 distribution
John H. Reinhardt
gah4
2020-11-08 06:03:28 UTC
(snip)
If you are running VAX, that is your only legal option. If you are running Alpha or Integrity
then your best bet is to apply to the VSI Community License Program
at <https://vmssoftware.com/services/community-license/> and get their V8.4-2L1 distribution
Yes I have a VAX that I would like a license for.

I had one up to a few years ago, but forgot to renew it more recently.