Several old OpenVMS books
Larry Bleau
2020-08-18 03:19:20 UTC
I am cleaning out my basement library and have several OpenVMS books I'd like to offer to someone who'll find a good home for them. I used to use OpenVMS quite a bit, but have not for over a decade, and these books predate that period. While they represent fond memories, I really don't have a use for them. Here's the list:
VAXclusters - Architecture, Programming and Management (Shah, 1991)
Mastering VMS (Bynon, 1989)
VMS Performance Management (Coburn, 1992)
OpenVMS Performance Management - Tuning Techniques for OpenVMS VAX and OpenVMS AXP, 2nd ed. (Coburn, 1994)
VAXcluster Principles (Davis, 1993)
VAX/VMS Internals and Data Structures (Goldenberg et al, 1991) (VMS version 5.2)

These are all in excellent condition, with no markings other than my name on the inside front cover or flypage. No creases, folds, tears, etc.
You can pick up locally (I live near DC) or I will ship USPS and you reimburse me for shipping (about $10). If you want to make me an offer for them as a sign of gratitude, I will not refuse. Contact me directly. When someone accepts I'll post here.
Larry Bleau, ***@gmail.com
V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
2020-08-18 11:53:52 UTC
I am cleaning out my basement library and have several OpenVMS books I'd li=
ke to offer to someone who'll find a good home for them. I used to use Open=
VMS quite a bit, but have not for over a decade, and these books predate th=
at period. While they represent fond memories, I really don't have a use fo=
VAXclusters - Architecture, Programming and Management (Shah, 1991)
Mastering VMS (Bynon, 1989)
VMS Performance Management (Coburn, 1992)
OpenVMS Performance Management - Tuning Techniques for OpenVMS VAX and Open=
VMS AXP, 2nd ed. (Coburn, 1994)
VAXcluster Principles (Davis, 1993)
VAX/VMS Internals and Data Structures (Goldenberg et al, 1991) (VMS version=
5.2)
These are all in excellent condition, with no markings other than my name o=
n the inside front cover or flypage. No creases, folds, tears, etc.=20
You can pick up locally (I live near DC) or I will ship USPS and you reimbu=
rse me for shipping (about $10). If you want to make me an offer for them a=
s a sign of gratitude, I will not refuse. Contact me directly. When someone=
accepts I'll post here.
A nice little collection! I do hope somebody will take/save them.

Jojimbo
2020-08-19 03:38:02 UTC
I’ve just saved a very similar collection from my wife’s need to cleanup during our 6 months of Covid prison. I wanted to mention one that’s a real classic. VAXcluster Principles (Davis, 1993) I was lucky enough to have attended a class taught by Mr. Davis. One week I think where we had pages in a binder with a promise for the real book to follow which it did and is now hidden away. Real good reading.
Larry Bleau
2020-08-30 13:58:33 UTC
Post by Larry Bleau
VAXclusters - Architecture, Programming and Management (Shah, 1991)
Mastering VMS (Bynon, 1989)
VMS Performance Management (Coburn, 1992)
OpenVMS Performance Management - Tuning Techniques for OpenVMS VAX and OpenVMS AXP, 2nd ed. (Coburn, 1994)
VAXcluster Principles (Davis, 1993)
VAX/VMS Internals and Data Structures (Goldenberg et al, 1991) (VMS version 5.2)
These are all in excellent condition, with no markings other than my name on the inside front cover or flypage. No creases, folds, tears, etc.
You can pick up locally (I live near DC) or I will ship USPS and you reimburse me for shipping (about $10). If you want to make me an offer for them as a sign of gratitude, I will not refuse. Contact me directly. When someone accepts I'll post here.
I found someone who'll take all books in a single shipment, so I'm sending them. Thanks to all who responded. If I find any more old OpenVMS items I'll post about them here, and I also have the email addresses of those who contacted me.
Larry