TCP Stack on VMS V8.4-2L1
2020-10-22 11:20:14 UTC
Do Process Software support VSI VMS for Multinet/TCPWare under the
community program?

Is there any benefit is dumping TCP/IP Services 5.7 ECO 5 and moving to
TCPWare/Multinet?

I seem to be having issues with network speed, and reliability

Chris
Hunter Goatley
2020-10-22 13:43:56 UTC
Do Process Software support VSI VMS for Multinet/TCPWare under the
community program?
Hobbyists don't receive official support, but yes, we provide Hobbyist
versions of both products running on VSI VMS. You can request a Hobbyist
license for MultiNet and TCPware at our website under the OpenVMS
Resource Center. The direct URI is:

http://www.process.com/resources/openvms/hobbyist.html
Post by Chris Townley
Is there any benefit is dumping TCP/IP Services 5.7 ECO 5 and moving to
TCPWare/Multinet?
I think there are lots of benefits, but my answer could be seen as
prejudiced. ;-) MultiNet has many improvements and enhancements over
what's included in that version of TCP/IP Services, including modern
enhancements to SSH, BIND, FTP, support for IPv6, and other components.
TCPware does, too, but it lacks support for IPv6.
--
Hunter
------
***@goatley.com http://hunter.goatley.com/
John H. Reinhardt
2020-10-22 17:49:03 UTC
Post by Hunter Goatley
Do Process Software support VSI VMS for Multinet/TCPWare under the community program?
http://www.process.com/resources/openvms/hobbyist.html
Is there any benefit is dumping TCP/IP Services 5.7 ECO 5 and moving to TCPWare/Multinet?
I think there are lots of benefits, but my answer could be seen as prejudiced. ;-) MultiNet has many improvements and enhancements over what's included in that version of TCP/IP Services, including modern enhancements to SSH, BIND, FTP, support for IPv6, and other components.
TCPware does, too, but it lacks support for IPv6.
Hunter,

You still need to update your form for Integrity. Or am I the only one that ever asks? ;)

x86 will need to be an option at some point. Are you working toward release for x86 and 9.2?
John H. Reinhardt
Hunter Goatley
2020-10-23 14:41:29 UTC
 You still need to update your form for Integrity.  Or am I the only
one that ever asks? ;)
8-) There are only two Integrity Hobbyists, unless the others have never
bothered to email me to ask about it.
 x86 will need to be an option at some point.  Are you working toward
release for x86 and 9.2?
We do plan to support them.
--
Hunter
------
John H. Reinhardt
2020-10-23 15:33:15 UTC
  You still need to update your form for Integrity.  Or am I the only one that ever asks? ;)
8-) There are only two Integrity Hobbyists, unless the others have never bothered to email me to ask about it.
I got my VAX and Alpha PAKs, but my Integrity systems are broken at the moment :( so I haven't requested them yet.
  x86 will need to be an option at some point.  Are you working toward release for x86 and 9.2?
We do plan to support them.
That's very good news.
--
John H. Reinhardt