Password Reset on HP Storageworks MSA SAN Switch 2/8
2021-10-22 19:58:03 UTC
Does anyone have a way of resetting the passwords on a MSA SAN Switch 2/8? This is the SAN Switch that gets inserted into an MSA 1000.
There was a post on HPE about "special firmware" but after I opened a ticket with HPE they could not find it. Even "engineering" could not find it.
That's because you didn't ask about ink ...
chris
2021-10-22 22:04:02 UTC
Does anyone have a way of resetting the passwords on a MSA SAN Switch
2/8? This is the SAN Switch that gets inserted into an MSA 1000.
There was a post on HPE about "special firmware" but after I opened a
ticket with HPE they could not find it. Even "engineering" could not
find it.
That's because you didn't ask about ink ...
I had similar trouble with server at one stage, with docs saying to call
files service, but found a link online to reset it. Guess you must have
done a search already, but is this relevant ?:

https://techslaves.org/2017/02/25/hpe-msa2040-password-recovery-factory-reset/

Other than that, is the data in flash or battery backed chip and if
latter, can that be removed or replaced to reset to defaults ?. Where
there is a will etc. From the messages, looks like it's running
VxWorks RTOS...