PRINT/PARAMETERS=DATA_TYPE=LIST
Zane H. Healy
2021-05-05 15:52:45 UTC
As part of my quest to move from an HP LaserJet 5MP to a HP LaserJet M404,
I've found that the LIST datatype is not working as expected. When printing
to the HP5MP queue, I get the grey bars that simulate "Greenbar" paper.
When printing to the M404 queue, everything is right, except there are no
bars.

The only difference in the DCPS v2.5 configuration is that HP5MP uses
IP_RawTCP, while LASER uses IP_LPD. I've been unable to get the M404 to
work with IP_RawTCP. The HP 5MP uses a vintage external HP JetDirect box.

$ IF .NOT. SETUP_MODE THEN @SYS$STARTUP:DCPS$EXECUTION_QUEUE -
HP5MP - ! P1 - Execution queue name
"IP_RawTCP/xxx.xxx.x.xxx:9100" -! P2 - Interconnect protocol/device name
DCPS_LIB - ! P3 - Logical name for library(ies)
"" - ! P4 - Default queue parameters
"/SEPARATE=(NOBURST)" - ! P5 - Default queue qualifiers
"" - ! P6 - Communication speed (serial only)
"" - ! P7 - Device characteristics
"" ! P8 - Verify on/off
$ IF .NOT. SETUP_MODE THEN @SYS$STARTUP:DCPS$EXECUTION_QUEUE -
LASER - ! P1 - Execution queue name
"IP_LPD/xxx.xxx.x.xxx" - ! P2 - Interconnect protocol/device name
DCPS_LIB - ! P3 - Logical name for library(ies)
"" - ! P4 - Default queue parameters
"/SEPARATE=(NOBURST)" - ! P5 - Default queue qualifiers
"" - ! P6 - Communication speed (serial only)
"" - ! P7 - Device characteristics
"" ! P8 - Verify on/off

Here is the command I'm using.

print test.com/PARAMETERS=DATA_TYPE=LIST/queue=hp5mp
print test.com/PARAMETERS=DATA_TYPE=LIST/queue=laser

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Zane
Norbert Schönartz
2021-05-05 17:54:47 UTC
Post by Zane H. Healy
[...]
As described in the DCPS release notes you must define the Logical
DCPS$MYMFP_PRODUCT_NAME properly when using a LPD queue. MYMFP must be
replaced by the name of the queue, so in your case the logical should be
DCPS$LASER_PRODUCT_NAME. I also had to try out some values for this
logical before I successfully got the grey bars with my brother
MFC-L3730CDN. I succeeded with the logical set to "HP Color LaserJet
CM6040 MFP".
Zane H. Healy
2021-05-05 19:49:34 UTC
Post by Norbert Schönartz
As described in the DCPS release notes you must define the Logical
DCPS$MYMFP_PRODUCT_NAME properly when using a LPD queue. MYMFP must be
replaced by the name of the queue, so in your case the logical should be
DCPS$LASER_PRODUCT_NAME. I also had to try out some values for this
logical before I successfully got the grey bars with my brother
MFC-L3730CDN. I succeeded with the logical set to "HP Color LaserJet
CM6040 MFP".
That did the trick! Thanks!

RENNY::SYSTEM $ DEFINE /EXECUTIVE_MODE /SYSTEM DCPS$LASER_PRODUCT_NAME -
_RENNY::SYSTEM $ "HP LaserJet 4000 Series"

Thanks,
Zane