VSI VMDK issues
Single Stage to Orbit
2024-04-04 18:59:50 UTC
So I finally got around to playing with the VDMK file VSI sent me a
couple of days ago.

VirtualBox wouldn't boot the VDMK as it was an unsupported format. WTF?
A quick examination of the VDMK file indicated it was raw disk image so
I converted the file to a VDI and tried to boot it. It worked. But
now...

It keeps throwing a BUGCHK on boot and dropping me back at the VSI boot
screen.
Tactical Nuclear Kittens
Single Stage to Orbit
2024-04-04 19:12:10 UTC
Post by Single Stage to Orbit
So I finally got around to playing with the VDMK file VSI sent me a
couple of days ago.
VirtualBox wouldn't boot the VDMK as it was an unsupported format.
WTF? A quick examination of the VDMK file indicated it was raw disk
image so I converted the file to a VDI and tried to boot it. It
worked. But now...
It keeps throwing a BUGCHK on boot and dropping me back at the VSI
boot screen.
Figured it out eventually :-D All it needed was the controller set to
AHCI mode. Yay. Here We Fkn' Go!
--
Tactical Nuclear Kittens