With a little help of Lafayette geeks
rene calliet
2020-11-10 16:17:41 UTC
Hello,

French people didn’t forget VMS. The vmsgenerations users club organizes a webinar zoom about all the transitions of the day for VMS. Because we hope (soon ?) have a boot camp nearby Nice or Marseille we help everyone being more fluent in french, so all the meeting is done in french.

The agenda: http://www.vmsgenerations.fr/webinaire-12-nov-2020/

The link to register: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_CrBlNltBSiSKv46fowIXHg

Hope seing everyone soon,

Gérard Calliet
Simon Clubley
2020-11-10 18:24:57 UTC
Post by rene calliet
Hello,
French people didn?t forget VMS. The vmsgenerations users club organizes a webinar zoom about all the transitions of the day for VMS. Because we hope (soon ?) have a boot camp nearby Nice or Marseille we help everyone being more fluent in french, so all the meeting is done in french.
The agenda: http://www.vmsgenerations.fr/webinaire-12-nov-2020/
The link to register: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_CrBlNltBSiSKv46fowIXHg
Hope seing everyone soon,
Gérard Calliet
If you want to hold an international technical conference, it needs
to either be in English or you need to provide high-quality translation
services from French to English.

Just because you are planning to hold a physical conference within
France at some point, it doesn't mean that the official language
spoken at the conference should be French. If you want to attract
people from all over, that's doomed to failure unless you provide
high-quality translation services.

Simon.
Jan-Erik Söderholm
2020-11-10 21:44:09 UTC
Post by Simon Clubley
Post by rene calliet
[...]
What a highly negative post...

I'm sure it will be a big success in France, and amongst
many others VMS'ers fluent in French.

Feel free to arrange a conference in any language you like, but
do not kick on those that are actually *doing* something.

I have already registrered, of course...
Scott Dorsey
2020-11-11 14:13:43 UTC
Post by Jan-Erik Söderholm
Post by Simon Clubley
Post by rene calliet
[...]
Il faut apprendre Esperanto pour se servir des ordinateurs. Je demande
que ce congres est conduire en Esperanto.
--scott
rene calliet
2020-11-11 14:50:33 UTC
Il faut apprendre Esperanto pour se servir des ordinateurs. Je demande
que ce congres est conduire en Esperanto.
--scott
Quel esperanto ? L'esperanto unix ou microsoft ?
Ou plus ancien (genèse chapitre 11) ?

Mon combat (I'm just a lonesome warrior) : préserver toutes les espèces en voie de disparition, dans leur plus grande diversité. Après, ok, qu'elles parlent entre elles en espranto :)
Bill Gunshannon
2020-11-11 15:15:32 UTC
Post by Scott Dorsey
Il faut apprendre Esperanto pour se servir des ordinateurs. Je demande
que ce congres est conduire en Esperanto.
Ah, Esperanto. Another example of wasted time. :-)
I actually knew some once.

bill
Chris Townley

rene calliet
2020-11-10 21:44:27 UTC
Post by Simon Clubley
Post by rene calliet
[...]
Hello Simon,

French humour :)

Gérard Calliet
Simon Clubley
2020-11-11 13:06:54 UTC
Post by rene calliet
Hello Simon,
French humour :)
_Now_ I understand. :-)

Simon.
Marc Van Dyck
2020-11-11 10:23:27 UTC
Post by rene calliet
Hello,
French people didn’t forget VMS. The vmsgenerations users club organizes a
webinar zoom about all the transitions of the day for VMS. Because we hope
(soon ?) have a boot camp nearby Nice or Marseille we help everyone being
more fluent in french, so all the meeting is done in french.
The agenda: http://www.vmsgenerations.fr/webinaire-12-nov-2020/
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_CrBlNltBSiSKv46fowIXHg
Hope seing everyone soon,
Gérard Calliet
Oracle on the agenda... Hope it will clarify the recent decision about
Oracle Classic on OpenVMS.
--
Marc Van Dyck