VSI management
Arne Vajhøj
2024-06-13 21:12:12 UTC
https://vmssoftware.com/about/key-managers/

Darya has taken over as planned.

Camiel is on the list. No surprise.

Clair is not on the list. Surprise.

A new head of services - Rafael.

Arne
Simon Clubley
2024-06-14 12:10:09 UTC
Post by Arne Vajhøj
https://vmssoftware.com/about/key-managers/
Darya has taken over as planned.
Camiel is on the list. No surprise.
Clair is not on the list. Surprise.
I would be more surprised if he was. This is Camiel's job now.

Simon.
Arne Vajhøj
2024-06-14 12:16:42 UTC
Post by Simon Clubley
Post by Arne Vajhøj
https://vmssoftware.com/about/key-managers/
Darya has taken over as planned.
Camiel is on the list. No surprise.
Clair is not on the list. Surprise.
I would be more surprised if he was. This is Camiel's job now.
Camiel himself wrote here:

# Clair is not retiring; he is going to cut back his hours a bit, but
# I'm very glad that we don't have to do without his invaluable
# contributions yet.

# I'm not taking on Clair's title of "CTO" for a reason, and that's
# because it's not a one-on-one transfer of Clair's responsibilities.
# I'm taking on a lot(but not all) of responsibilities that were
# Clair's, some that were others', and some that were not clearly
# defined before.

So I had expected Clair to stay on the list for a little more time.

Arne
Simon Clubley
2024-06-14 12:20:30 UTC
Post by Arne Vajhøj
Post by Simon Clubley
Post by Arne Vajhøj
https://vmssoftware.com/about/key-managers/
Darya has taken over as planned.
Camiel is on the list. No surprise.
Clair is not on the list. Surprise.
I would be more surprised if he was. This is Camiel's job now.
# Clair is not retiring; he is going to cut back his hours a bit, but
# I'm very glad that we don't have to do without his invaluable
# contributions yet.
# I'm not taking on Clair's title of "CTO" for a reason, and that's
# because it's not a one-on-one transfer of Clair's responsibilities.
# I'm taking on a lot(but not all) of responsibilities that were
# Clair's, some that were others', and some that were not clearly
# defined before.
So I had expected Clair to stay on the list for a little more time.
If you look at the job description on the VSI website, Camiel is
clearly the new CTO in all but name.

Simon.
Arne Vajhøj
2024-06-14 12:59:04 UTC
Post by Simon Clubley
Post by Arne Vajhøj
Post by Simon Clubley
Post by Arne Vajhøj
https://vmssoftware.com/about/key-managers/
Darya has taken over as planned.
Camiel is on the list. No surprise.
Clair is not on the list. Surprise.
I would be more surprised if he was. This is Camiel's job now.
# Clair is not retiring; he is going to cut back his hours a bit, but
# I'm very glad that we don't have to do without his invaluable
# contributions yet.
# I'm not taking on Clair's title of "CTO" for a reason, and that's
# because it's not a one-on-one transfer of Clair's responsibilities.
# I'm taking on a lot(but not all) of responsibilities that were
# Clair's, some that were others', and some that were not clearly
# defined before.
So I had expected Clair to stay on the list for a little more time.
If you look at the job description on the VSI website, Camiel is
clearly the new CTO in all but name.
Not clear to me.

Typical CTO responsibilities:
* create and get approved budget for technology organization
* oversee all deliveries regarding budget, scope, time and quality
* first/second/third level approval of hiring/raises/promotions
* for technical strategic decisions listen to the domain
experts explain pros and cons and then make the final decision

The description sounds to me like Camiel only got the fun
part. Smart guy! :-)

Arne