new VMS setup
p***@gmail.com
2021-04-30 21:07:30 UTC
we received a new BL870c with cisco 9148s switches and an 8440 3par. I've connected fibre cables as of right now between the switch and a current 2660 and the 3par, but no luck seeing the disks I have presented to the 2660.

i configured the switch with the following is there a step after this?
none of the lights on the switch turned green.

also on the blade I am unable to access the virtual connection window due to flash no longer supported on my windows box,

any thoughts

thanks
Paul

NHSANSW1(config)# show zone
zone name facs vsan 1
pwwn 50:01:43:80:01:69:74:84 2660
fwwn 20:0c:8c:60:4f:ef:a1:c0 switch
pwwn 20:01:00:02:ac:01:a6:e1 3par
fwwn 20:05:8c:60:4f:ef:a1:c0 switch
pwwn 21:01:00:02:ac:01:a6:e1 3par
fwwn 20:06:8c:60:4f:ef:a1:c0 switch
pwwn 22:01:00:02:ac:01:a6:e1 3par
fwwn 20:07:8c:60:4f:ef:a1:c0 switch
pwwn 23:01:00:02:ac:01:a6:e1 3par
fwwn 20:08:8c:60:4f:ef:a1:c0 switch
Andy Burns
2021-04-30 21:18:47 UTC
See the existing "flash" thread ...
Mark Berryman
2021-05-01 04:50:08 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
[...]
You shouldn't need the fwwn entries.

Did you create a zoneset containing the zone?
Did you set the zoneset active?
Have you put license acquire statements on the ports in use and turned
them up?
It sounds like you have multiple switches. Have you configured any
ports as expansion ports to connect the switches together?

There are a lot of steps to configuring a SAN switch. You've only shown
a tiny piece here.

Mark Berryman
p***@gmail.com
2021-05-02 14:25:42 UTC
Post by Mark Berryman
[...]
this was everything I had done up to this point. I was able to activate it and change operational state

yes 2 switches nothing configured on the 2nd one.

license statements?

NHSANSW1(config-if)# show vsan
vsan 1 information
name:VSAN0001 state:active
interoperability mode:default
loadbalancing:src-id/dst-id/oxid
operational state:up
p***@gmail.com
2021-05-02 14:53:36 UTC
Post by Mark Berryman
[...]
more progress. VMS though still doesn't see the new lun.

NHSANSW1# show interface fc1/12
fc1/12 is up
Hardware is Fibre Channel, SFP is short wave laser w/o OFC (SN)
Port WWN is 20:0c:8c:60:4f:ef:a1:c0
Admin port mode is auto, trunk mode is on
snmp link state traps are enabled
Port mode is F, FCID is 0x710000
Port vsan is 2
Speed is 8 Gbps
Rate mode is dedicated
Transmit B2B Credit is 5
Receive B2B Credit is 64
Receive data field Size is 2112
Beacon is turned off
admin fec state is down
oper fec state is down
5 minutes input rate 0 bits/sec,0 bytes/sec, 0 frames/sec
5 minutes output rate 0 bits/sec,0 bytes/sec, 0 frames/sec
146 frames input,7808 bytes
0 discards,0 errors
0 invalid CRC/FCS,0 unknown class
0 too long,0 too short
146 frames output,7872 bytes
0 discards,0 errors
0 input OLS,0 LRR,3 NOS,0 loop inits
3 output OLS,2 LRR, 2 NOS, 2 loop inits
64 receive B2B credit remaining
5 transmit B2B credit remaining
5 low priority transmit B2B credit remaining
Interface last changed at Sun May 2 10:30:08 2021

Last clearing of "show interface" counters :never

and as far as license... all ports have this

interface fc1/1
port-license acquire

interface fc1/2
port-license acquire